The project "Eco-volunteers for protection of Via Pontica" is implemented by "Youth Information Centre" Association in partnership with "Infinite Opportunities" Association. It aims at biodiversity preservation in the Via Pontica migration route.
The project is realized with the financial support of Swiss Confederation by the Reform Fund linked to the civil society participation.
Its territorial scope encompasses Bourgas district, namely Bourgas city, the towns of Aytos, Balgarovo and Sredets. Project activities will take place in the period 15.07.2013 and 15.07. 2014.
The total project budget is 58 602.00 lv., while the amount and percentage of grant contribution is 52 741 .80 lv. or 90%.
The main aim of the project is the biodiversity preservation in the bay of Bourgas and its adjacent lakes, which includes prevention of poaching; reduction of the number of attacks against wild songbirds in the region and formation of an active group of volunteer teams through the branch network of YIC Association.
The project will mobilize volunteers who will take part in teams for observation and prevention of poaching practices.
The main activities include:
- Mapping the poaching of wild songbirds in the region
- Increasing the number of members of YIC Association and creation of teams of volunteers operating in the local divisions of the organization
- Training of volunteer teams for fight against poaching practices
- Implementation of voluntary teams' campaigns for monitoring of poaching practices
- Organization of an educational campaign regarding the problem - violent acts against wild songbirds
During the project Infinity Opportunities Association will be responsible for the organization of volunteer's trainings.
The two partner organizations will cooperate in the organization of educational campaign for the protection of biodiversity in the region.
"Eco volunteers in defense of Via Pontic" is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Confederation by Fund reforms related to the participation of civil society.