The "Infinite Opportunities Association" has started the project "Green Community", funded by the Grundtvig program "Lifelong Learning" of the European Commission. The project will have 2 years' duration and will be implemented in partnership with the "Training and Rehabilitation Center" inc. Buzau, Romania and resource center for youth at risk "Mary Seacole" in the town of Luton, UK.
The project is aimed at adult learners and its main purpose is to enrich their knowledge related to sustainable development and ecological balance, teach how to reduce the negative impact for nature.
The main project activities will include:
- Introduction of targeted climate change and environmental issues in the 21st century;
- Conducting discussions related to sustainable development and energy efficiency;
- Presentation of ways and methods to reduce personal carbon waste and reduce the adverse impact on our environment;
- Workshops to involve locals into the project activities
- Lectures related to the benefits of recycling.
This project is realized with the financial support of the "Grundvig Life Long Learning" Programme of the European Commission, administered in Bulgaria by the National Centre "European Youth Programmes and Initiatives". The contents of this publication does not reflect the position of the European Community,The Youth in Action Programme or NCEYPI.